- Join Our Telegram Channel For Latest Updates click here
- Join our WhatsApp TV For Latest Updates Click here
Introduction: A recent TikTok trend has stirred controversy, leading to the expulsion of a Madonna University student identified as Gennydbaddie. The trend involved participants attaching their phones to the ceiling while engaging in provocative dance moves. Genny’s expulsion has sparked a wave of reactions on social media, raising questions about the institution’s response.
The Trend and Expulsion: The TikTok trend saw young women dancing provocatively, with some attaching their phones to the ceiling. Shortly after participating in the trend, Gennydbaddie, a Madonna University student, faced swift consequences. The institution reportedly expelled her for defaming the school, leading to the withdrawal of her academic file.
Social Media Reactions: The news of Genny’s expulsion triggered a range of reactions on social media platforms. While some expressed support for the university’s decision, others questioned the severity of the punishment. Comments highlighted differing opinions, with some emphasizing personal responsibility and others critiquing the institution’s response.
- jeffworldwide_: “Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.”
- ask4_vanesa1: “She deserves it, wasted nine months, at her age, they sent her to school to do this, mtchew.”
- wendy_adamma: “You Dey secondary school, you Dey misbehaveee 😢.”
- omalichawa__: “I support the motion even if u want to act s t u p I d not on the school premises and not with school property…to top the matter self that’s a catholic school.”
- machidalooks: “Why will you expel her cos of that? She wants to disgrace herself, then by all means! Did she wear a unit or attached to the university? Abeg!”
The Deleted Video: In response to the expulsion, Gennydbaddie removed the controversial video from her social media pages. The deletion adds another layer to the unfolding saga, leaving many to speculate on the impact of such incidents on students’ academic pursuits.
Debates on Institutional Response: The incident has ignited debates on the appropriate response from educational institutions to students’ social media activities. While maintaining discipline is crucial, questions arise about the balance between enforcing rules and allowing students the space for personal expression outside the academic setting.
Conclusion: The expulsion of Gennydbaddie from Madonna University underscores the evolving challenges posed by social media trends and their intersection with academic institutions. As discussions unfold online, the incident prompts reflection on the role of institutions in regulating students’ behavior beyond the traditional classroom environment.