- Join Our Telegram Channel For Latest Updates click here
- Join our WhatsApp TV For Latest Updates Click here
- 0.1 University of Ibadan (UI) Part-time Courses and Requirement 2022 Updated
- 1 University of Ibadan Part-time Course 2020 Updated
University of Ibadan (UI) Part-time Courses and Requirement 2022 Updated
If you are here looking for UI part-time courses, you are in there right place and I rejoice with you.
Are you really interested in University of Ibadan part time courses & requirements? Or Are you eager to join the University of Ibadan as a part time student? then, this guide will be ideal for you.
The Prestigious University of Ibadan, the dream of school of many(even though they fail to admit it). University of Ibadan as we all know is the Premier University i.e the first university in Nigeria.
Since 1948 even until today, UI has continued to stand out so I’m really happy for the decision you are about to make.
About The Unversity Of Ibadan Part time Courses
The University can boast of a variety of courses cutting across 12 faculties: the faculty of Arts, Science, Agriculture Renewable natural resources, Social Sciences, Education, Veterinary Medicine, Pharmacy, Technology, Law, Public Health, and Dentistry and economics, environmental design and management.
Brief History of The University of Ibadan Part-time Courses
The Distance Learning or Part time programme was initially named the External Degrees programme before being renamed the External Studies programme in 1988. The courses offered were from the Department of Adult Education, the Department of Guidance and Counseling and the Department of Teacher Education.
Four departments were added in 1993� Special Education, Library Science, Educational Management and Physical and Health Education and by this time the degree being awarded had been upgraded to the Bachelor of Education (B. Ed).
Unversity of Ibadan Part time Courses & Requirements
Currently, the DLC has 6 academic programmes which have been fully accredited by the NUC. These include courses from the Faculty of Education, Social Science, Science etc.
There are 4 other programmes that will be added soon and they include: Nursing, Computer Science, Sociology, History and Diplomatic Studies
University of Ibadan Part-time Course 2020 Updated
In all, we have highlighted a list of available courses that you can enrol for on a part time basis at the University of Ibadan.
- Adult education
- Educational Management
- Teacher Education
- Guidance and counselling
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Library Archival and Informational Studies
- Special Education
- Communication and Language Arts
- Linguistics and Yoruba
- Philosophy and Public Affairs
- Religious studies
- Islamic Studies
- Political science
Unversity of Ibadan Part time Admission Requirements
- The general admission requirements into UI DLC or part time programme include 5 credits in English, the English literature, art and any two or three subjects.
- Candidates with NCE must acquire 5 credits or its equivalent to be qualified.
- For entry into the faculty of Psychology, it’s necessary to pass an examination in mathematics instead of literature.
- For application into economics department, it is necessary to pass mathematics, economy, English, and any two subjects from the sphere of sociology and art.
- For entry into the faculty of political science, it is necessary to pass history, English, and any other 3 subjects and to get at least the lowest passing score in mathematics.
- For entry into the faculty of psychology, it is necessary to pass 5 examinations, including the sphere of social sciences and mathematics.
- For Nursing, candidates have to be registered in RNM.
UI part-time courses notification for Adult Candidates
Adult candidates who have no above-mentioned qualifications can be taken in the university in case of experience of work. Such candidates have to be at least 26 years old and have to provide the following information: the academic qualification, a working experience, assessment of professional competence and the recommendation from competent people.
There’s also an oral interview and test for grammar as part of selection process.
It is necessary to undergo testing of computer knowledge, to study the University of Ibadan distance learning centre portal, to show elementary knowledge of the Open Distance Learning mode.
More detailed information will be provided to applicants in the interview